Saturday, November 1, 2008

Where she got the blue eyes...



So our little girl still has blue eyes, and it looks like they may stay blue. Weird, right? Both Dave and I have brown eyes, so it is only natural that we imagined our children with the same. In fact, it is still surprising sometimes to look at her and see those big blue eyes looking back. I think that other people must find it surprising as well, because we are often asked whether we have blue eyes in our families, and the answer is yes - we both do. Dave's great grandfather Quintanilla had blue eyes, and my sister Amanda has them, along with several others in my mom's family.

And for the record, I have never seen our mailman close enough to know what color his eyes are.

We got to visit with Amanda and Zak when we were in town for OU/Texas, and after one look at this picture, I think you will see where Kennedy got her blue eyes:


Hanging out with Aunt Panda and Uncle Zak



No comments: