Saturday, November 1, 2008

OU/Texas weekend

This year for OU/Texas weekend, we loaded up the car and headed north, along with thousands of other Austinites on their way to Dallas for the big game. Unfortunately, we were not among the lucky fairgoers with Fletcher's Corny Dogs, I mean tickets to the game, but we did get to spend some time with friends and family while we were there. And of course, Kennedy's first Red River Rivalry couldn't go by without a little wager between Mom and Dad. Usually the bet is that the loser has dish duty for a week or something along those lines, but this year we upped the ante a little bit. Let me first say that I felt pretty confident going into this year's game, which should have been a giant red flag, given my normal luck. However, I didn't heed that warning, and instead agreed that Kennedy's Halloween costume would be a cheerleader for the winning team. I was imagining the cutest little Sooner cheerleader you have ever seen when... crap. I didn't think they could do it, but those darn Longhorns won. And I had to buy this:

As if that weren't bad enough, when we got back home Sunday afternoon, I walked in from the garage and this is what I saw:



Courtesy of our next-door neighbors (aka Dave's sister and her family). Seriously, guys?? :) I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, since I am constantly getting grief from his whole Longhorn-loving family. And I have to give credit to our neice and nephews, who were responsible for this little surprise - their signs were EVERYWHERE - in cabinets, drawers, the washer & dryer, under lampshades and toilet lids, on our bedroom ceiling, and probably in some places we haven't even found yet.





1 comment:

bRiTt*BrAt said...

That's a tragedy Laura!!! :)